Dog collars in online store Bycollar.com
The most important element of pet accessouirs is dog collar. Finding the right collar will help to avoid dangerous situations and will make walking comfortable and safe.
The various types of dog collars
The dog collars are divided into several kinds depending upon their use. There are everyday wear, show, reflective, training, slip, decorative dog collars. Each kind has it pros and peculiarities, principle of use and assignment.
Types of collars:
- Everyday wear collar for walking - is the most popular and common accessory. It is equipped with the half ring near the buckle which lets you attach the leash easily.
- The collars for training are equipped with a handle for comfortable support by the breeder of a pet during the training. They suit for long-haired and short-haired breeds.
- Guard models. Reliable leather dog collars are used to keep the dog on a leash. A peculiarity of these collars is the belt which is threaded through a half ring and only after that is fastened to a harness.
- Slip dog collars.
- Slip dog collars can be made of leather, synthetic and metal with a chain. The accessory is suitable for large breeds and small dogs. Guard collars are used for exhibitions and training. They are considered the most comfortable for animals, because remind the parenting process when the dog teaches puppies and strangles them slightly at the withers. While choosing a chain of a slip collar for long-haired dogs, it is necessary to choose large links.
- Prong collars. A feature of a strict wide collar is the presence of wire or plate spikes, which cause discomfort to the pet while pulling. They are chosen depending on the breed of the dog: for long-haired pets, a model with long spikes is chosen, for short-haired animals - with short ones. Sometimes prong collars are made of metal. Prong collars are used for teaching and training, walking during estrus, etc. It is not recommended to use them for daily wear.
- Show collars for performances and exhibitions. For special occasions, breeders choose extraordinary and beautiful dog collars. Exclusive models are chosen depending on the color of the pet: the collar should not stand out and distract attention “to oneself”. At the same time, the show collar should be convenient and practical. Often breeders choose synthetic models, accessories with rings, products with a cord or a chain.
- Reflective collars for night time walking. Collars made of genuine leather can be with special patterns which are light-reflecting (glow in the dark at the slightest light) and light-accumulating (in the daylight they “charge”, and glow at night in total darkness). The combination of such patterns allows the dog to be noticeable in the dark while walking at night and in other circumstances. No batteries are required for use. They are suitable for pets of all breeds and sizes. The collar allows you to protect the pet, what is important if the animal often walks on its own.
How to determine the optimal size of a dog collar?
To determine the required size, you should measure the neck of the pet, using a thread or meter:
Measurements are taken at the base of the neck. It is necessary to insert a pair of fingers between the neck and the meter during the measurement process to make sure that the accessory will not press.
Measure the middle of the withers, approximately in the place where the accessory will be worn. While choosing a classic model, it’s recommended to add 5 centimeters to the result, while choosing a chain collar or slip collar - 7 centimeters.
After measurements, you should choose the best option for measurements:
- XL = 52 - 60 cm;
- L = 45 - 52 cm;
- M = 40 - 48 cm;
- S = 35 - 43 cm;
- XS = 15 - 28 cm.
Material for dog collars
- Durable cords;
- Synthetic materials;
- Connection of several materials.
All the materials are suitable for adult dogs, but collars for puppies should be chosen from elastic, soft and genuine leather. Leather accessories are characterized by wear resistance, aesthetic appearance, resistance to damage and impact. The best leather collars are produced by Collar Company. Which was founded in 1995, today the brand produces more than 2000 items of products for dogs, offering high-quality and affordable prices for the consumer.